Goals for 2009-2010
To guide my service to Venturing during my term as the Regional Venturing President, I have established a goal in each of five categories, each followed by objectives for achieving the goal. I intend to achieve my goals and objectives prior to the end of my term on May 31, 2010.
I will learn more about myself by discovering my ability to deal with tough scenarios, managing my time, and developing my communication and leadership skills.
- Continue my course through the Nature of Leadership series by completing
- Continue my pursuit of the Ranger Award by completing at least five (5) more requirements/electives
- Maintain my college grade point average (GPA) and personal commitments in the midst of the increased demands on my schedule as the Regional Venturing President
Governance and Administration
I will assist in the organization, training, and development of youth and adult committees across the region to further benefit Venturing.
- Assist councils and areas in the formation of Venturing Officers Associations, or other Venturer (youth) led leadership structures appropriate to each area or council
- Meet with the youth officers and advisors of each of the Northeast Region's seven areas
- Develop a draft of bylaws governing the Northeast Region Venturing Officers Association
Representation Across the Region
I will personally represent Venturing as a positive learning experience and fun program to current and potential Venturers.
- Plan and conduct an area officers training for the region
- Extend my availability as a resource to areas and councils across the region
- Attend as many area and council events as possible that I am invited to
- Visit all areas and as many councils as possible
- Provide ongoing support to the Area Venturing Presidents, and to Council Venturing Presidents as requested
- Represent the Northeast Region during national meetings of the BSA and other partner organizations
- Attend at least one Venturing event in another region of the BSA
- Attend all Northeast Region Executive Board meetings
Communication and Publicity
I will work to create a structure for leadership and communication within the region to improve the coordination among areas and councils.
- Compose quarterly reports to national and regional Venturing web sites that describe the impacts I made on events I attended
- Serve a central point of contact for Venturing, providing resources and information to council, area, and regional Venturers, advisors, Scouters, and BSA professionals
- Provide a personal orientation for and transfer all relevant information to my successor as the Northeast Region Venturing President, beginning soon after she/he is selected
Innovation and Change
I will work to implement changes to the administration of the Venturing program within the Northeast Region that will benefit future generations of Venturers, advisors, and the BSA.
- Develop methods for enhancing Venturer input into the Regional Venturing President selection
- Establish an annual nomination and selection procedure for Regional Venturing Leadership Award